Saturday, April 5, 2008

Quotable Quotes

"Find a modest home and strive to make it beautiful".
.
~~Gordon B. Hinckley~~
.
This quote is one that helped keep me sane during the whole housing boom craziness. I didn't need a bigger house like all the other people around me. People were so excited that their houses were worth this amazing amount of money that they wanted to sell, get all that huge equity and buy something bigger and better.
.
Me? Not so much. I have a nice house already. Not too big, not too small. And I kept trying to tell my friends that the house they want to buy has gone up in price just like their current one. I mean, to buy a house that was comparable to the home they were already in, they were going to have to pay a lot more. So if they wanted an even bigger, nicer house it would be even worse! And I just wasn't willing to pay that much more. I also kept telling them I like my mortgage amount where it is right now, why increase it?
.
So this quote rings true with me. I remember hearing it vividly while driving around on a sunny October afternoon a few years ago {while showing houses no less} and I have never forgotten it!

No comments: