Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Food From The Dollar Store?

Now I've seen two seperate things recently on food from the dollar store. One from the Ultimate Cheapskate that I posted recently, watch it again here, and now this ABC News Clip . And now there is a book out called The 99-cent Store Cookbook .

According to this article, the dollar store saved the authors pocketbook one particularly broke summer. At the end of the article are a few recipes for Chicken Pot Pie, Green Chile and Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes and a homemade Apple Pie. Sounds yummy!

I haven't been a big dollar store shopper in my days, and I have never seen the kind of food these people are getting at the dollar store other than a few rows of slim pickings of canned foods and snack foods. But maybe I need to start revisiting some of them?

You can check here to see if "The 99-cent Only Stores" are near you. Unfortunately there aren't any by me, but maybe there are other similar dollar stores with similar offerings.

No comments: